Karen McLagan, Treasurer
Financial Statements, MPMP, Budgets, Taxes
519-348-8429 ext 228
Lori O’Connell, Accounting Clerk
Accounts Payable, Taxes
519-348-8429 ext 227
Lisa Rohfritsch, Receptionist
519-348-8429 ext 222
The Finance Department is responsible for the sound management of the municipality’s financial operations and ensures compliance with Provincial and Federal Policy decisions and statutes.
The financial well-being of the Municipality is provided through effective and reliable financial policies, advice, services and information.
The Finance Department provides services and information related to the following:
The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is responsible for assessed all property in Ontario. MPAC calculates assessment values and to classify properties according to their use, for each of the over four million properties in Ontario.
In October of 2008 property owners received assessment notices based on a January 1, 2008 valuation date using a four-year phase-in program. These values are provided to municipalities on an annual assessment roll. The Municipality, County and Province use these values when property and education taxes are calculated.
Interim tax notices are due the last banking day of February and May. The final tax notices are due the last banking day of August and November. Supplementary tax notices state the due date on the statement.
Penalty and Interest
A penalty of 1.25% is added on the first day of default of each instalment as well as the first day of each month thereafter. Interest is added to prior year(s) tax arrears on the first day of the month calculated at 1.25% of the previous month’s ending balance. To avoid penalty and interest charges, payment must be received at the Municipal Office by the due date.
Change of Ownership/Mailing Address
Ownership changes are received from MPAC. However, the Municipality may not receive the information until a number of months have passed. Many solicitors forward change of ownership information to assist their clients, and it is appreciated by the Municipality.
If there is a change in mailing address, please fill out the attached form and return to the Municipal Office (Change of Address)
- In person – at the Municipal Office at 169 St David St., Mitchell, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. A drop box is located near the front door for after-hours use.
- By mail – by cheque. Post dated cheques are accepted. Mailing address is:
Municipality of West Perth
P.O. Box 609
Mitchell, Ontario, N0K 1N0
- By internet banking or telephone banking -Contact your financial institution for more detail
- At your bank – payment can be made at any bank in West Perth. You must have your payment stub with you, clearly identifying your property roll number.
- Preauthorized Payment Plan – Application forms to enroll are available at the Municipal Office, website, or can be mailed upon request. We also require a “voided’ cheque to be returned with the completed application. Two plans are available – Quarterly and Monthly. For a copy of the Pre-Authorized Payment Form, click here.
- Interac Payments are not available.
2012 Tax Rates
Farm Property Class Tax Rate Program – http://omafra.gov.on.ca/english/policy/ftaxfacts.htm
Municipal Property Assessment Corporation – www.mpac.ca
Assessment Review Board Appeal Process – www.arb.gov.on.ca
2009 Financial Statements
2010 Financial Statements
Municipal Performance Measurement Program
Budget Summary by Department
Financial Information Return (FIR)