Posted July 7, 2016
RECREATION AND LEISURE SERVICES MASTER PLAN – Final Report
Posted July 7, 2016
SUMMARY of RECOMMENDATIONS – The following is an excerpt from the final report of the Master Plan.
COMMUNITY PUBLIC MEETING – JUNE 21, 2016
WHEN? Tuesday June 21, 2016
Where? Community Centre, Mitchell
Time: 7:00 p.m.
All are welcome. This study is to help shape the future of recreation & leisure in West Perth. Your opinion matters! Please plan to attend.
Click HERE to read the ad
COMMUNITY OPEN HOUSE – APRIL 20, 2016
WHEN? Drop in on April 20, 2016 between 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
WHERE? Mitchell Arena & Community Centre – 185 Wellington Street, Mitchell
Click HERE for more information on the upcoming Open House. Have your say! Click HERE to find out how you can HAVE YOUR SAY!
Municipality of West Perth
Recreation and Leisure Services Master Plan
Have your say about Recreation and Leisure Services!
Complete our survey before January 15, 2016 at:
The survey is now closed. Thank you to all participants.
Take a moment to think about Recreation, Leisure, and Culture services in West Perth
West Perth’s recreation, leisure, and culture facilities and services play an important role in our everyday lives. They offer a diverse range of opportunities for healthy living for residents and visitors alike, and help to keep our community active and engaged. Broadly speaking, they include:
- community parks (playground, sports field, park amenities)
- nature trails and pathways
- wetlands and open space
- leisure and culture programs
- special events led by volunteers and others
To ensure that these opportunities continue to serve West Perth’s growing population, the Municipality is preparing a Recreation and Leisure Services Master Plan to guide the development of related facilities, services, and programs over the next ten years. This process will provide West Perth with strategic direction on community needs, effective ways to deliver services and programs, and more.
Have your say!
Over the coming months, there will be a number of opportunities for you to become a part of the conversation and make sure your voice is heard. Please consider participating in one or more of the following ways:
- Attend the Community Open House at the Mitchell Arena & Community Centre on November 25, 2015 anytime between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm. This is a drop-in event where you can learn more about the Master Plan and provide input.
- Complete the Online Community Survey by visiting surveymonkey.com/r/westperthmp. The survey is open until January 15, 2016 and should take about 10 minutes to complete.
- A series of Focus Groups and Interviews with community groups and key representatives will be held shortly.
- Attend a future Public Information Meeting to review the Draft Master Plan (Winter/Spring 2016) – check this website for future updates!
For more information or to submit written comments about the Recreation and Leisure Services Master Plan, please contact:
|Jeff Brick, Chief Administrative Officer||Steve Langlois, Monteith Brown Planning Consultants|
|Telephone: (519) 348-8429 Ext. 225||Telephone: (519) 686-1300|
|E-mail: email@example.com||E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|